Roads Department

Public Works Supervisor

Jeff Scheel 
(608) 423-7735

Materials available at the Town Hall site for residents

The Town Hall has materials available for residents throughout the year.  They are maintained by our Public Works Crew and if you have any questions please contact them.  Materials are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year.  The property is under video surveillance for everyone's protection and security.

All materials (below) are located to the South of the Main Public Works building, across the parking lot from the Town Hall.

Spring, Summer and Fall:

  • Burn Pile (drive up and drop off)
  • Chips/mulch (help yourself to as much as you can haul)
  • Compost (help yourself to as much as you can haul)


  • Salt/sand mix (located near the salt shed)
    • The salt/sand mix MAY be temporarily reduced if there is a lot of plowing for Public Works

Heavy Rains/Flooding

There are times in the spring when we may experience flooding.  If this is the case the town will always have sand available, and possibly sand bags.  Contact Public Works or the Town Hall for more details.

As always, if you have questions regarding any of these, please contact Public Works (first) or the Town Hall and we'll do our best to help.

***Please note we do not have dirt available***

Rights of Way

Town Right of ways extend anywhere from 20-40 feet from the center of a given road.  That means town property may go in 5-10 feet from the edge of the road.  All local governments, are responsible and liable for the management of their highways, including right of ways.

Planting, Cultivation or otherwise altering the Town's Right of Way is not allowed

If you have questions regarding the right of way of your street, contact the Public Works Department (above) or the Town Hall.